Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Introduction

My name is Bernie Johnson, I am 36 years old, I live in Onchan. I am a wife to Lee, a Mum to Caitlin (17), Lola (5) and Dotty (1). I work, I walk, I run, and I drink a lot of Prosecco.

I am writing this blog because Jock asked me too, only joking it's to share with you my training, the highs the lows, along with some tips for walkers and supporters that I have picked up along the way. I hope that within my posts they are in some way helpful to others in their Parish goal whatever it may be.

I have a fair bit of experience with the parish walk itself.. I first stood on the start line in 2007, apprehensive about the road ahead. At this time both my Dad and little sister Lou had taken part in the Parish, with Lou holding the “Ball” family title, getting the furthest by reaching Kirk Michael. So my plan was simple all I had to do was just beat my little sister! I did take the family title by reaching Bride, and I learnt the biggest lesson in the history of my walking Vaseline, why did nobody tell me about the vaseline sooner?

I have been on the parish walk start line 9 times, crossed the finish line 6 times, and supported once. I learnt you are either a walker or a supporter and I am a far better walker than I am a supporter.

Outside of the parish I am also a UK Centurion (C1080), Continental Centurion (CC438) and South African Centurion (C35). A centurion is "an amateur athlete, who has walked 100 miles within 24 hours in judged condition.


If there is anything you would like to ask me or for me to include in the Blog, just drop me an email and Ii will do my best to include it.


151 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

7th Parish Finish

Well the day soon came round, and passed just as quickly! We had a lovely meal on the Wednesday before, with a group of people I met m...